Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. As a foodie and a socialite, there is just nothing better than taking the day off to enjoy great food with my friends and family. However, there is always quite a bit of planning involved with throwing an Independence Day barbecue. Not to worry, we gathered some great articles from our friends around the web to help you handle the grill — and the kids! From all of us at Organic Authority, we hope you have a wonderful extended weekend!
1. It’s no secret. Traveling with kids can be tough as rocks. Check out this great survival guide from Mommyish on how to handle the little ones.
2. Getting ready for your barbecue but not happy with your current arsenal of tools? Check out MightyNest‘s post on this green-friendly Lodge Cast Iron skillet!
3. There’s no way around food this weekend, it’s going to be everywhere. Fortunately, Experience Life has a great outdoor workout to help ease your conscience — no gym or equipment required!
4. Check out some tips from Rodale on how to avoid the dirty beaches this 4th of July weekend.
5. With all the barbecuing you are planning on doing, you may have overlooked an important aspect of any 4th of July get together: Pie! Take a look at the easiest fresh summer fruit pie from Maria’s Farm Country Kitchen!