Welcome to this week’s installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week and more from our friends and partners around the web. This week’s edition includes articles on how to handle the technological revolution, the uses for peppermint oil, Target’s newest product line, tips for achieving balance in your life, reasons to drink wheatgrass, fun dip recipes, and how we are ruining our feet with shoes.
1. Do you have a smart phone, laptop, tablet and a profile on at least 5 different social networking websites? If you don’t, do not worry. It seems like there is a lot to keep up with when it comes to technology now and there are improvements and new things introduced all of the time. Visit Experience Life to learn how to enjoy the technological revolution without feeling like you need to “keep up with the Jetsons.”
2. Peppermint is one of many great essential oils. It can help to provide relief for headaches, colds, indigestion and more. To learn more about the many uses for peppermint oil, head over to MightyNest.
3. Target is adding a new line of products to its stores, and guess what? They are organic! Well, some are organic. Target plans to sell products that are free of artificial flavors and colors, contain no trans-fats, preservatives or corn syrup. About 40% of the total products offered under the new ‘Simply Balanced’ line will be certified 100% organic. Read more about Target’s Simply Balanced products on Blisstree.
4. Balance is a key factor to living a happy and healthy life. Meditation, healthful eating, exercise and sleep are all very important things to consider when aiming to strike a balance. For tips on how to return to your balanced state, visit YogiTimes.
5. Got grass? Not the kind of grass from your yard, but wheatgrass! Wheatgrass has long been praised for its many health benefits. If you need a little motivation to try adding a shot of extra greens to your smoothies or juices, check out The Organic Whey’s 11 reasons to drink wheatgrass.
6. Summertime means more BBQs and gatherings. If you’re looking for a new and tasty dip to try out at your next party, look no further! Jess Is More has a great recipes for an edamame and chickpea dip as well as a spicy vegetarian buffalo dip! Grab the recipes HERE.
7. After a long day in the office, your feet ache. No you may not have been on your feet all day, but you were wearing those adorable 3 inch heels. We are destroying our feet with the shoes we wear and how these shoes affect our gait. Head over to Ecosalon to learn more about what your shoes do to you and what shoes you can wear to fix it.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: Number1MrazFan(Martina Yach)