|From Our Friends: March 15, 2013|
|Written by Spencer Kent|
Welcome to this week's installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week and more from our friends and partners around the web. This week's edition includes articles on preserving lemons, natural cold remedies, exercise motivation, overcoming yoga excuses, how to hydrate and apps to help you avoid toxins.
1. What is zesty, bold and full of flavor? Preserved lemons! Add preserved lemons to salads, appetizers, entrées and more. Head over to Experience Life for a how-to video and start preserving lemons today!
2. Its never fun to watch our children be sick and it is often difficult to help them kick that cough and cold. Natural remedies can be the solution. Often times, cold relief aids are full of unwanted chemicals. Visit MightyNest for information about a chest rub made with local beeswax and other natural cold relief products!
3. Many of us began the year with the resolve to workout more. Now almost 3 months into the year, it can sometimes be difficult to keep up the daily workout routine. To stay motivated try investing a little into your fitness routine, whether that means new yoga leggings or starting a new class. Find more tips on how to find the motivation to go to the gym on Blisstree.
4. It seems as if everyone and their brother are practicing yoga nowadays. For those who have yet to adopt yoga as part of their health and wellness routines, there are a few common excuses. Lack of flexibility is often a reason offered for not trying yoga. However, it is through yoga that one gains flexibility of both body and mind. Learn more about the myths surrounding yoga on YogiTimes.
5. Temperatures are rising and spring is nearly here! With warmer weather comes more intense outdoor workouts. When exercising, especially under the sun, it is important to stay hydrated. In order to avoid dehydration, begin drinking water before working out and continue to drink lots of water throughout the day. Visit The Organic Whey's blog to find out how much water you should be drinking each day!
6. Smart phones are great sources for fun and informational apps. There is an app for virtually anything and everything, including apps to help you live a non-toxic lifestyle. Find pesticides in produce, chemicals in children's products and more with a few taps on your smart phone's screen. To learn about 5 apps that will help you live a toxin free life, visit EcoSalon!
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: Greg Riegler Photography