Welcome to this week’s installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week and more from our friends and partners around the web. This week’s edition includes articles on facing fear, the making of a plastic water bottle, Mother’s Day gift ideas, how to keep up your yoga while traveling, smart snacks for weight loss, and Ben Affleck’s pledge to live on $1.50 a day.
1. Everyone has something that they are afraid of. Heights, public speaking and interviews make many of us nervous. How do we overcome these fears? Psychotherapists Richard Schaub, PhD suggests that instead of avoiding what scares us, we should tackle our fears. To learn more about how to end fear, visit Experience Life.
2. Did you ever wonder what goes into making a plastic bottle? Each day, millions of plastic water bottles are purchased and consumed, negatively impacting our environment. Visit Mightynest to learn more about what goes into the making of a plastic water bottle.
3. Mother’s Day is just around the corner. If you are looking for gift ideas, check out Blisstree‘s 6 Socially Responsible Mother’s Day Gifts list. It features great items and your mother, as well as mother earth, are sure to approve of.
4. Travel season is starting soon! One downfall to traveling is that your daily routines can sometimes suffer, especially those related to fitness. Just because you are in a different environment doesn’t mean you should completely abandon your daily yoga practice. For tips on how to keep up with your yoga practice while traveling, head over to YogiTimes.
5. Warmer temperatures making you think of bikini season? Snacking can be the key to make or break your weight loss goals. For 7 smart snack for weight loss, visit The Organic Whey.
6. Oscar winner Ben Affleck might be rich, but his diet sure won’t be. Affleck along with several other celebrities has pledged to live on just $1.50 each day as a way to raise awareness of the extreme poverty experienced by many people around the world. To learn more about Affleck’s pledge and world poverty, head over to Ecosalon.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent