Howdy OA readers: We hope you are ready for a great Memorial Day weekend! Before you check out into vacay mode, take a look at the awesome articles from our friends we have rounded up for you this week. You’ll find posts on sustainable California wineries, how to get the most out of your summer, getting fit and staying fit, some great vegan gelatin recipes, and how to avoid the chemical known as Triclosan. Enjoy your 3-day weekend; we’ll see you next week!
1. Whether you live in California or plan on taking a trip out there this summer, you need to check out EcoSalon’s list of 10 great CA, sustainable wineries.
2. Remember when summer used to be fun? Here’s how to discover the joys of the season all over again. Check out 50 ways from Experience Life.
3. If you are trying to get into shape for that beach weather, you’ll love The Organic Whey’s blog on perfecting the pre (and post!) workout diet.
4. Believe it or not, most people still don’t know that traditional jello and gelatin products are not at all vegetarian friendly. Check out these GREAT vegan alternatives from Blisstree!
5. The chemical Triclosan was introduced in 1972 for use as a surgical scrub in hospitals. Since then, it has increasingly been added to a wide variety of products. Read all about it and how to avoid it in this great post from MightyNest!
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: Family Corner