Happy November! I don’t know about you, but I am welcoming the fall weather here in Los Angeles with open arms. Welcome to this week’s installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week from our friends and partners around the web. This week’s edition includes articles on kale at a sushi restaurant, a case for cultivating patience, a pie cookbook giveaway, a list of herbs that will boost your memory, and a sad story about some vegan vandals ruining a beloved SoCal landmark. Enjoy these, and have a wonderful fall weekend!
1. By now, you are well aware that we love kale. So it’s no surprise that Kale is turning up everywhere. Our friends at Learning to Love Kale spotted it at a sushi restaurant!
2. Experience Life presents the case for cultivating patience — today and over a lifetime.
3. We’ve already come to terms with how much we like pie at OA, so it’s no surprise that we were DEFINITELY intrigued by this great pie cookbook giveaway MightyNest is throwing. Check it out!
4. Whatever your take is on veganism (or McDonald’s, for that matter), you can agree that what these vandals did to a SoCal McDonald’s is hurtful and crosses pretty much anyone’s definition of “the line.” Get the scoop from Blisstree.
5. Whether it’s the occasional “senior moment” or general forgetfulness, many people are turning to herbs to boost memory and brain function. Take a look at this post from The Organic Whey on which herbs provide a great boost for your memory.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent