Happy November! Welcome to this week’s installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week from our friends and partners around the web. This week’s edition includes articles on winter squashes, naturally anti-bacterial hand sanitizer, getting prepared early for Thanksgiving (trust us!), how the bee and pesticide situation is worse than you thought, and some delicious snacks for weight loss. Enjoy these, and have a wonderful fall weekend!
1. Winter is the perfect time to cook winter squashes — and to treat your body to their antioxidant, anti-inflammatory goodness. Read all about winter squash on Experience Life.
2. Do you or anyone you know use hand sanitizer obsessively? I know I do. Check out this great post from MightyNest on naturally anti-bacterial hand sanitizer and get the low-down on some way better alternatives.
3. It’s the second day of November, and you think your top priority is working through that bag of Halloween candy, but trust me: You should get cracking on Thanksgiving prep asap. Though the holiday is still weeks away, the more you do now, the happier you’ll be when the weekend actually comes. Read more at Blisstree.
4. Honeybees aren’t the only critters warning us about pesticides. You NEED TO READ this alarming article from Rodale right now about all the devastating effects pesticides have on our planet.
5. It’s far too easy to pack hundreds of extra calories in your day with snacks — talk about a diet downfall! Who doesn’t crave salty, crispy, sweet or creamy treats? Fortunately for us all, you can fulfill those delicious desires with the right snacks for weight loss. Skip the guilt — and the extra pounds — with these yummy options on The Organic Whey.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent