We hope all our readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Welcome back to this week’s installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week from our friends and partners around the web. This week’s edition includes articles on how to fix heartburn for good, why you should stock up your kitchen with lemons, a great holiday catalogue, a secret ingredient in Gatorade that may shock you, and how to guide your child from NO to Yes and from OFF to ON. Enjoy these, and have a wonderful weekend!
1. Are your eating and drinking patterns giving you heartburn? Are over-the-counter medications making it worse? Experience Life can show you how to find out — and fix acid reflux for good.
2. Packed with vitamins and nutrients, lemons are a must for every household. Their many health benefits include improving digestion, fighting cancer and more. Read why they should be a part of your daily diet on The Organic Whey.
3. Our good friends at MightyNest have released their 2012 holiday catalogue, a collection of unique, safe and well-made products that will surely be appreciated by anyone.
4. An awesome 15-year-old wants you to sign a petition to Gatorade telling them to stop putting “flame-retardant chemicals” in sports drinks. Did you even know you were drinking that? Read more at Blisstree.
5. When you use mindful focusing in parenting you can shift your child out of stuck obstructive situations and increase his or her capacity for joyful connecting and learning. With three simple phrases from Yogi Times you can rapidly get into your center so that you can guide your child from NO to YES and from OFF to ON.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: This Food Thing