Welcome to this week’s installment of From Our Friends, a weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web. This week’s edition includes a discussion on the meaning of Hatha Yoga, a delightful Halloween-inspired workout to scare up some new fitness motivation, a recipe for fighting the flu with DIY chest rub, a hilarious parody of the superfood hype, how to save 20% from one of our favorite brands, where to find the culprits to avoid from the new Dirty Dozen endocrine disruptors list, and which is the best way to get some green nutrition on-the-go. Enjoy!
1. What is Hatha Yoga, really? YogiTimes explains, you know you’re on the right track when ego thoughts, like competition for example, are decreasing and harmonious thoughts, like love and support, are increasing. Namaste.
2. From Frankensteins to Monster Dashes, ExperienceLife created a killer workout inspired by iconic Halloween figures, for a fun and effective strength circuit.
3. Don’t get slimed up in store-bought remedies, full of petroleum-derived petrolatum. For discerning folks who want to kick a nasty cold or flu, MightyNest whipped up an easy DIY Homemade Decongestant Chest Balm, instead.
4. Would you like sarcasm with that? Blisstree hilariously noticed that just because something is rebranded as a superfood, doesn’t mean it’s not the same ordinary food you’ve been consuming! Check out their tongue-in-cheek list of mindblowing ways to eat superfoods.
5. As a small business, The Organic Whey relies on consumers to post product reviews for the Amazon community. If you’ve had a pleasant buying experience and you are happy with The Organic Whey, leave a positive review and please let them know by emailing [email protected]“>[email protected]” data-mce-href=”/mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected], to earn a 20% off coupon! Easy!
6. Recently, the Environmental Working Group partnered with the Keep a Breast Foundation to develop a report on endocrine disruptors for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. EcoSalon shared how to avoid these important endocrine disrupting toxic chemicals on the EWG’s new Dirty Dozen list.
7. “Eat more greens” used to be a simple directive, but these days, there are lots of ways to get your daily dose of kale. WellandGoodNYC had a healthy food face off: how does a cold-pressed bottle of green juice stack up to a packet of green powder? Find out how they compare!
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent