Welcome to this week’s installment of From Our Friends, a weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web. This week’s edition includes adorable Thanksgiving-themed snack suggestions for kids, guidance on cultivating peace in your life by understanding the ways we respond to stress, strategies for rethinking your self image to hone your inner athlete, how to encourage little ones in the kitchen by baking an autumn apple pie together, which beauty products are full of nutrient-dense foods, an easy way to contribute to our planet with your online purchases, and a hot list of nine leading ladies from the silver screen that get gold stars for promoting good health, helping people and the planet. Enjoy!
1. Gobble gobble! Thanksgiving is just around the corner and Blisstree
shared ten festive snacks for kids that will give little ones a good giggle, but are also healthy, and easier than ever before!
2. Yoga is a science, and YogiTimes
explores that science of your brain to see how it directly impacts your perceived level of safety, daily ease of life, and overall level of peace. You’ll be amazed at how understanding your stress levels improves your practice.
3. If you’re a person who once loved activity and challenge — a person who once lived for an athletic goal, you just need to find your way back. You need to find a reason to get fired up and be the athlete you always wanted to be again, or even for the first time! ExperienceLife
discusses simple strategies for rethinking your self-image and goals so you can enjoy the benefits of a realistic, and really fun, fitness identity.
4. There’s only one thing more wonderful at this time of year than warm apple pie: baking it with your kids! Encouraging children to be adventurous in the kitchen will help them appreciate the fulfillment of preparing their own food and it’s not be reliant on processed foods. MightyNes
t shares their apple pie adventure and the kind of memories a fall afternoon family can create.
5. Peruse the beauty aisles and you’ll see plenty of skin-care products full of dinner-plate worthy superfoods—like acai, turmeric, and wheatgrass. That’s because while beauty starts on the inside, you can safely slather on skin-benefiting plants for their vitamins and omega fatty acids, too. Learn about nine superfoods that are powering your beauty products, from Well+GoodNYC
6. The Organic Whey wants to make a difference, and is proud to contribute 1% of its sales to 1% for the Planet. Look for their logo when you shop, and consider membership for your company!
7. While it can be easy to dismiss the empty glitz and glamor of Hollywood, there are some stars using their fame to further important ideals of conscious living and sustainable solutions. EcoSalon gathered a list of nine lovely ladies of stage and screen to give them a round of applause for being leaders in helping people and our planet.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent