Welcome to this week’s installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week from our friends and partners around the web. This week’s edition includes articles on how to reverse the effects of an underactive thyroid, why pumpkins are so great for you, how to stop sabotaging your sleep, how to save money and stop buying pre-packaged foods that you can make at home, and why you have the right to know if your food contains GMOs. Enjoy these, and have a wonderful fall weekend!
1. Renowned integrative physician, Mark Hyman, offers a seven-step program to reverse the effects of an underactive thyroid on Experience Life.
2. You love pumpkins. EVERYBODY loves pumpkins, right? It’s the quintessential fall flavor. But did you know that this cold-weather favorite is full of health benefits? Learn more at MightyNest.
3. Are you sabotaging your sleep? Check out 7 habits that are ruining your slumber on Blisstree!
4. Healthier food for less money, without the unnecessary plastic trash? That’s something we can all live with. Learn how to make your own crackers and 7 other packaged foods you never need to buy again on Rodale!
5. Do you have the right to know if your food contains GMOs? The Organic Whey says “yes,” and click through to read why this is such an important issue.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: Hooked on Iron