Welcome to this week’s installment of From Our Friends, a weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts, published by our friends and partners around the web. This week’s edition includes a bubbly bath product that cleans kiddos naturally, an in-depth look at how processed foods are are impacting our health and environment, a peek behind the curtain at the mysteries of tofu, why a devoted at-home yoga practice can put you more in touch with yourself, how your purchases give back to charity, and the macho party food that could cause a ‘fowl’ side effect on your unborn baby’s manhood. Enjoy!
1. Bathtime is about bonding with your babies and getting fresh, but harsh contaminents in many soaps and bath products are doing more harm than good. MightyNest shares how cute and sustainable Clean Kids products are naturally efficient. The brand is made without parabens, phthalates, sulfates, artificial colors or fragrances, mineral oil or petrolatum, and is also gluten-free, vegan, and not tested on animals.
2. They say you are what you eat and ExperienceLife shares why our commitment to clean eating matters now more than ever. If you eat “a Nutri-Grain bar in the morning, a Subway Chipotle Chicken and Cheese sandwich for lunch, and a DiGiorno pepperoni pizza for dinner, for example, you will have ingested a total of 68 different nonfood additives that haven’t been tested together.”
3. What is tofu, anyway? As it turns out, tofu is neither mysterious nor forged by alchemists. Blisstree breaks it down and teaches us how to stop being Tofu-stupid.
4. Experience yourself! Developing a home practice can revolutionize your yoga routine. The YogiTimes tells us how to embrace the time and space to reflect inward and fine tune the harmony between you and your body.
5. The Organic Whey cares about our world and you may not realize that the conscientious company contributes 1% of all sales to One Percent for the Planet!
6. Size does matter. And all of those novel little chicken wings that folks indulge in during football season might be making a big impact on your wee one while they’re still in the womb. Can eating chicken wings during pregnancy affect your child’s penis size? EcoSalon shared how processed meat shapes our children.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: Food Network