You know it’s official when… you swap out your mug of hot tea for a tall, refreshing glass of iced tea. Well, it may not be official just yet, but how about we start manifesting by brewing ourselves the most badass iced tea imaginable? The weather will have no choice but to comply… or at least that hot yoga class could put you in the mood.
This isn’t your mama’s Nestea, artificially flavored with loads of sugar and calories. This is Organic Authority style iced tea, made with two things in mind: Absolute deliciousness and pure health.
Tea all on its own is good for you. Both green and black — those used most often in iced tea — have been found to reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels. They may also help prevent cancer, for their polyphenol content (especially in green tea) has a miraculous way of killing cancer cells, and green tea can have a slimming effect on the waistline. Add the phytonutrient power behind organic, freshly-squeezed lemons and the sweet taste from stevia that comes without a spike in blood sugar, and you have the perfection that is summer’s two beloved beverages combined into one: Green Tea Lemonade.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 green tea bags of your choosing, preferably organic
- Juice of 2 organic lemons
- 10 drops of liquid stevia
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- Mint leaves and/or lemon slices
What to do:
1. Boil your water. Add your tea bags and allow them to infuse for 3-4 minutes. Then remove them, and allow your tea to cool.
2. Once it’s cooled down, stir in the lemon juice and stevia to your tea mixture.
3. Add two cups of cold water to your tea. Here, you can choose to chill in the refrigerator even more if you’d like.
4. Put a few ice cubes into your glasses and pour your tea over the top.
5. Garnish each glass with a couple mint leaves and/or lemon slices.