Written by Spencer Kent
Thanks again to everyone that helped us get way past 10,000 LIKES in the last week! Your conversations and support continue to inspire us to give you the best organic news and commentary on the web. We are always especially astounded and impressed by how knowledgeable you all are, and how serious you are about how your food is made and where it comes from. Thanks for being the best organic community around!
Remember, you can still enter to be our next Everyday Eco Star. We want to hear YOUR story! Enter here.
If you have any thoughts or ideas about how we can improve, please share.
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
Our Twitter Favs of the Week:
- @farmorganics: @OrganicAuthorit..A bit like the Fox guarding the Chicken Coop. They can justify this because they don't have the funding or manpower?
- @drserenama: Wow, reason to go vegan... Doing the Right Thing: An Interview W/ Sea Shepherd's Cpt Paul Watson http://t.co/K7AVUk5 via @organicauthorit
- @BlklaceDragnfly: @OrganicAuthorit more than likely, sea FISH as well..(mercury found in seabirds)
- @JamiesHealthTip: @OrganicAuthorit Great article! I plan on using coconut oil tonight to create some delicious raw chocolate bars
- @melmcd99: @OrganicAuthorit Congrats! I'm so glad more and more folks are finding out about you all! Happy Earth Day!
- @smilinggreenmom: @OrganicAuthorit Absolutely! What a great way to have such an honor huh? Yippeeee! You rock it sista! #green
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
We love when members of our community are able to reach out and help each other. Here are some of our favorite Facebook posts from the last week:
Cindy Miller I only cook & bake w/ coconut oil, sometimes put a TBSP in coffee, in smoothies, etc. Just received another order of it; 2 52oz containers--it doesn't go rancid!
- Vancouver Nutritionist Fertility of men is just as important as that of women when trying to conceive. Historically, when a woman had trouble conceiving, the reason was always believed to be a problem with her fertility. I'm glad to see studies like this emphasizing the importance of men's heath and conception.
- Jen Reynolds I love using old things to plant things in! It looks so vintage and upcycling is the best! I am proud to get my clothes at second hand stores, I love planting my veggies in containers that would have been thrown away, and I love making a difference! Love this site! I post a lot of your posts on fibrotv! You rock!
- Linda Hannegraf Being a farmer myself, we would NEVER even think of such treatment to our cattle or yougstock. This is uncalled for and this factory agri-business farm should be closed down or made to amend their practices. These people will answer to the Lord someday about this, as He made us caretakers of animals, but NOT in this way viewed on film. This is just plain cruelty.
- Leslie Fife Woo Hoo! It does indeed boost the metabolism. My husband wrote 8 books so far about coconut w/a plethora of science & medical studies to prove this. ~Lady Coconut
See you in Tweet Land or on the "Wall!"