It's that time again! We want to thank everybody who shared, tweeted and liked our articles... beacuse of you we jammed right past 35,000 likes this week! Our organic community keeps growing bigger and bigger each day! If you're new to OA, we take time once a week to thank our fans for all the posts, comments, and tweets they leave us every week. Don't forget to follow us on Pinterest and Google+ to stay up to date on all our social networks! Thank you all :) Have a wonderful weekend!
If you have any thoughts or ideas about how we can improve, please share.
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
Our Twitter Favs of the Week:
@activatenz: To think I used to like raspberry tea....I'm Eating What?! Gross Hidden Foodstuffs: organicauthority.com/foodie-buzz/im… via @OrganicAuthorit
@LdubintheWW: As a #vegetarian i knew reading this would ouch RT @OrganicAuthorit The Vegetarian Diet Dilemma: GMOs and Mock Meats su.pr/1ip3zs
@kersten_k: Soo many reasons I love cinnamon! Here are 11 more! ---> 11 Health Benefits of Cinnamon: organicauthority.com/health/11-heal… via @OrganicAuthorit
@Jan4Wellness: Yet another reason to boycott WalMart. RT Wal-Mart Under Fire for Animal Cruelty organicauthority.com/blog/organic/w… via @OrganicAuthorit
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
- Sugar Magnolia THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! I am so fed up with people all ecstatic over the fact Subway now has vegan options. Its still subway, its still fast food, and it still horrible for you. It contains genetically modified ingredients such as gmo soy and vegetables, its processed, full of chemical additives and preservatives, artificial colors... I don't get why so many people are so glad about this. I thought vegetarianism and veganism are supposed to be healthy? Since when is Subway and fast food healthy? I can't eat faux meat, because I am gluten intolerant, and I have an autoimmune disease so I have to steer away from processed foods and foods that contain additives, preservatives, and other chemical ingredients. I'm a vegetarian, I eat organic, and try to eat as many whole and raw foods as possible. Also soy is not good for you, most soy is non-fermented, which contains plant based estrogens, called phytoestrogens, which are endocrine disruptors and can lead to hormonal disorders and certain cancers such as breast cancer. Soy is also contributes to deforestation due to expanding soy plantations in South America, where rain forests are literally cleared, including the Amazon, in order to keep up with the high demands for soy production. Funny that the people who seem to consume the most soy are the very people you seem to care about animals and the environment the most, yet have no clue their consumption of soy is contributing to horrific deforestation. I'm so glad this was posted. Hoping it educates more people on the importance of eliminating genetically modified and processed foods from their diets. ♥
- Chris Gingrich I love the new propaganda commercials they air about how good their meat is. What a joke.
- Linda Sepp Freeze cooked foods that won't be eaten the next day. Food quality declines rapidly.
- Deione Talford Lying go into lots of problems a lot ppl are not aware.. hurt, pain, & shame.. can really cause you mentally,emotionally, physically, & financially issues leading dwnwd 2 serious health issues.... Thxs for the Article.
- Letia Arrington Johnson Thank you! I have been wanting one but was looking at stainless. I think I saw one for $$$ at Williams Sonoma!
See you in Tweet Land or on the "Wall!"