Happy Friday everyone! If you’re new to OA, we take time once a week to thank our fans for all the posts, comments, and tweets they leave us every week. Remember to follow us on Pinterest and Google+ to stay up to date on all our social networks! Thank you all Have a wonderful weekend!
If you have any thoughts or ideas about how we can improve, please share.
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- @RealFoodisCool: @OrganicAuthorit I love this green! I searched & searched for the English name and finally came across it on the food network years ago. RE: Don’t Pull the Purslane! 11 Uses for the Edible Weed t.co/BydYoJC61k
@CarolHink: Always interesting…. RT @OrganicAuthorit: Guess Who’s On Monsanto’s Board of Directors bit.ly/19gghax #GMO
- @mercedesnicoll: I do all of the above! #coconutoil “@COOLA_Suncare: 4 Ways to Use Coconut Oil Everyday : www.organicauthority.com/…
- @Earthnik: @OrganicAuthorit That’s a great article … love that you included the good guys! RE: Guess Who’s on @MonsantoCo‘s Board of Directors! t.co/WiE98MPcAO
- @CruzWriter: @OrganicAuthorit we don’t eat processed foods. But I educate my son about them and he dreams of a world without them. All about educating.
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
Bill Hellyer Just one of many edible “weeds”. Burdock, thistle, dandelion, chicory, plantains, lambs quarters, yarrow, stinging nettles, garlic mustard, and queen annes lace are all edible as well. So are many others. You can make a great pesto sauce using garlic mustard. Take caution when harvesting though, as many weedy public areas use herbicides that can be dangerous if ingested. Google for other edible plants and recipes. It can be quite fun
- Peyton Farquhar Certainly **NOT** at MickeyDs -it’s not even real food.
- Tonia Lloyd Several of the board members have terms that expire in 2015 and another’s term expires in 2013. Whatever moves are in the planning stage (with MONSANTO purchasing BLACKWATER) I would say that it is happening in the next two years. MONSANTO is the most dangerous threat to the healthy, survival of humanity that there is, IMO!!!
- Rachel Meier I think we should skip the labeling and head straight for a BAN on GMOs. I’m feeling like the labels won’t change anything. Everybody will just get used to the labels and GMOs will keep going strong while everybody ignores the labels.
- Roula Marinos Papamihail Chobani is an American company, founded by a Turkish national. Fage is a Greek owned company, founded by Greeks. they do not use growth hormones and it tastes much better in my opinion