Happy Earth Day! Thanks to all of you that participated in our Earth Day Twitter Party on Wednesday, it was quite the hit. Remember that you can still share your Earth Day resolutions on Twitter by adding #EDResolution at the end of your tweet. Additionally, we JUST hit 10,000 fans on Facebook! What a special way to celebrate Earth Day! This is a momentous occasion for us, and we could not have gotten here without your tireless support. You are what OA runs on. Thank you a million times over. Enjoy your weekend, we will definitely be enjoying ours.
Remember, you can still enter to be our next Everyday Eco Star. We want to hear YOUR story! Enter here.
If you have any thoughts or ideas about how we can improve, please share.
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- @slatheriton: @OrganicAuthorit Loving all your #EDresolution tips!! We bottle our sauce in glass bottles bc of the environmental factor.
- @coronatools: Would have never guessed citrus acid could be bad for compost!! @SuziMcCoyGMG @DirtandMartinis @organicauthorit
- @discoverveggie: I rely on canned beans for a lot of my protein, so reports of BPA in canned food makes me nervous http://t.co/ZQI9X6R via @organicauthorit
- @organicmother74: @OrganicAuthorit How can we get the masses to understand how dangerous GM foods are? Thank you for getting this information out!
- @meghantelpner: Can I have extra Dimethylpolysiloxane with my order? RT @LisaBorden RT @organicauthorit: Wendy’s Natural Cu… (cont) http://deck.ly/~JQfSw
- @revact: Not that they admit to me. @OrganicAuthorit: Do you know someone that doesn’t recycle #EDResolution
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
We love when members of our community are able to reach out and help each other. Here are some of our favorite Facebook posts from the last week:
Cynthia Lyons Alcohol is definitely beneficial. It makes many people much better looking.
- Nicole Miranda Ilardo …what’s more disappointing is that there are no laws against intentionally misleading consumers… its a free for all, and only a handful are able to differentiate. There needs to be a mass education on what is truly healthy… processed, packaged, prepared is not it. Not to mention pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and GMO’s the general population really has no idea. Very sad, and not they’re fault!
- Tina Klamert It’s about time farmers fought back instead of laying down and being a victim. They sould organize a nation / world wide class action suit against Monsanto for damage from cross contamination & property damages, causing loss of income, and violating the Right To Know Act, for witholding scientific information about their own test results about the negative side effects of GMO’s.
- Jack Rigby Your best hope is to support LOCAL farmers who commit to “Oorganic” farming or better: BIODYNAMIC principles. “Invest” in buying local but be sure they ARE local growers. In most “farmers markets” they are entrepreneurs reselling reject grade fruit and veg from Supermarket chain buyers.
- S.l. Stivers-Menz Hot dogs in and of themselves are unnatural. I mean “real” hot dogs? Insanity. You can always make your own vegan hot dogs with seitan and tvp and spices and it’s a million times better.