Happy Friday, everyone! If you’re new to OA, we take time once a week to thank our fans for all the posts, comments, and tweets they leave us every week.
If you have any thoughts or ideas about how we can improve, please share.
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
C M Powers[email protected]: Amazing balance found in nature. Very informative article. RT to @VeganRT Figs: Are They Vegan? http://www.organicauthority.com/health/figs-are-they-vegan.html … via @organicauthorit
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
- Deb Catz I did this with the final of my 4 garden beds , I made 3 years ago . It is also called lasagna gardening. 🙂 [The No-Dig Gardening Method: Layered Vegetable Beds http://bit.ly/1dAzcuq ]
- Frederica Huxley As most supermarket chains arbitrarily choose their ‘best by’ dates, this will only lead to more food being chucked, without reference to the state of the food itself. I am sick of seeing people go through their fridges, throwing out all foods that have passed the best by dates! I recall reading about a supplier of cottage cheese who was filling tubs for 3 different chains from the same vat – the dates differed by 5 days. [Will They Really Reduce Food Waste? Computer Chips Coming to Food Packaging http://bit.ly/1cnGYHZ]
- Eppelation There is a really big movement towards sustainability in winery practices, both in terms of managing the vineyards and the production of the wine. Sonoma is doing a great job, but many people might not realize that Napa Valley wineries are also leading the charge on the sustainable front. The Napa Green program has a list of wineries participating in its program – check it out! [The Sustainable Winery: 7 U.S. Wines You Can Feel Good About Drinking http://bit.ly/M0Mx7J ]
- Jean Lindgren Bahahahaha! Wonder if they make head phones for cows. [If You Want More Milk, Give a Cow a Playlist http://bit.ly/1jxzkjb]
- Beth Schlabach Riehm MS is an autoimmune disorder greatly caused by inflammation. If those with MS do the research on foods that cause inflammation and completely stay away from foods that bring on inflammation you’d be surprised at how much better you’d feel. [Could Multiple Sclerosis be Triggered by a Foodborne Illness? http://bit.ly/1fCNL4T]