This delicious healthy recipe uses just four ingredients: extra virgin organic coconut oil, raw cocoa, raw wildflower honey and a dash of salt. I developed this recipe because I am always looking for a healthy sweet in the afternoon which usually consists of raw cocoa. Raw cocoa is a super food and has more antioxidants than green tea or wine and gives you a natural energy boost. So why not combine the two and make Raw Cocoa Coconut Fudge!
There is solid scientific evidence that extra virgin coconut oil is healthy for you. Health benefits include, improved metabolism, thyroid function, increased energy and promotes weight loss. After discovering this, I whipped up this delicious, healthy recipe that uses four ingredients: extra virgin coconut oil, raw cocoa, raw honey and salt. This recipe can made in about 10 minutes, it’s really that easy. Make it ahead of time and it can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 12 months.
Cooks Tip: Make this recipe with a high quality extra virgin coconut oil. When eaten neat, a superior coconut oil has a mild, delicious coconut flavor that leaves your mouth clean, which is a sign of a high quality oil. If an oil ever leaves your mouth feeling oily or fatty, that’s a sure sign it’s low quality, and you’ll want to opt for something else.
- 3/4 cup virgin organic coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw wildflower honey
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 of vanilla bean or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Melt coconut oil in a pan over low heat, add honey, cocoa powder sea salt and vanilla. Mix thoroughly with a whisk until combined and smooth.
- Spoon fudge into candy or icetrays and place in freezer for at least 15-30 minutes until solid. Remove fudge from trays by allowing them to warm up for a few minutes, then turn tray over and slightly bend tray until fudge pops out (similar to removing ice cubes from a tray). If you find fudge sticks to candy mold tray, spray with olive oil the next round. Repeat process until you've used up all of your fudge.
Special equipment: At least two candy mold or ice cube trays
Cook’s Note: I tried this recipe with regular honey and it didn’t emulsify like the raw honey and I had a hard time popping it out of the candy molds. Raw honey works best with this recipe and is really more delicious than regular honey.
If you don’t have candy or ice trays you can use a lasagna pan. Simply pour fudge into pan, place in freezer for at least 15-30 minutes, remove and cut into small squares and serve. Can store in the freezer up to 12 months.
Check out these related videos, recipes and articles:
- Make it tonight with the Raw Cocoa Coconut Fudge Recipe
- Great article about coconut oil: Coconut Oil, The Delicious Health Benefits
- Superfood Chocolate Candy Recipe
- Watch the Superfood Chocolate Candy Video
- Organic Chocolate Fondue
- Rumplemintz Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- Organic Strawberry Rhubarb Compote with Streusel Topping Recipe
- Tarte Tatin Recipe
- Watch the Tarte Tatin Video
- Organic Chocolate Review
- Organic White Chocolate Rosewater Cupcakes Recipe
Check out all of our fun Recipe Videos!