These stuffed dates are a simple and easy appetizer that are absolutely delicious! The sweetness of the date paired with the creamy cheese and salty prosciutto are a party in your mouth! You can pull this appetizer together in 15 minutes. Do not overcook the dates or the cheese will run everywhere. They are best served right out of the oven.
1/3 cup soft herbed goat cheese, room temperature
1 tablespoon of marjoram
1 tablespoon of Italian parsley
salt and pepper
16 medjool dates, pitted
16 large basil leaves
4 wide, thin slices prosciutto di Parma, each cut into 4 long strips
16 toothpicks, soaked in water 10 minutes
- Heat boiler to low.
- Combine goat cheese, herbs and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon cheese into each date; wrap with a prosciutto strip and secure with a toothpick.
- Broil until cheese bubble, about 3 minutes. Cool slightly and serve immediately.
Note: Because you follow an organic lifestyle, OrganicAuthority.com recommends using certified organic ingredients, when available, in all recipes to maximize flavors and nutrition while minimizing your risk of exposure to pesticides, chemicals and preservatives.
Check out these related Videos, Recipies and Articles
- Watch the Organic Dates with Goat Cheese Wrapped in Prosciutto video
- Find our Smoke Salmon & Radicchio Tea Sandwiches recipe by clicking the title
- Try this delicious appetizer recipe for Tomato, Bacon, Avocado with Arugula Pesto Sandwiches
Check out all of our Eco Fun Recipe Videos!