Written by Laura Klein
Looking for a quick and delicious pesto recipe? Laura Klein comes to the rescue with a fresh and delicious pesto recipe made with basil, arugula, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese. Check out this recipe to uncover the secret of making a delicious pesto sauce that stays green (most turn brown)!
4-6 cups of basil and arugula leaves (equal portions)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons pine nuts
2 tablespoons garlic
1 cup of olive oil
1 cup of parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
- Blanche the basil and arugula leaves in a sieve over boiling water for 10-15 seconds, add a little lemon juice while blanching
- Plunge leaves in ice water bath.
- While leaves are cooling, toast pine nuts over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Squeeze water out of pesto leaves, roll leaves in tea tools or paper towels to dry, then chop the leaves.
- Add leaves, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic, 3/4 cup of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and salt and pepper to food processor, and blend.
- Add remaining olive oil to warm pan, then cooked pasta to pan for 1 minute.
- Toss pasta in the pan with pesto, add parmesan cheese.
- Serve on warm plate!
Check out these related Videos, Recipes and Articles
Check out all of our Eco Fun Recipe Videos!