Written by Laura Klein
This method of hard boiling eggs results in boiled eggs with bright yellow yolks and soft tender whites.
Eggs - use as many eggs as you wish to hard boil
1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Put eggs in large enough pot so the eggs fit in one layer covering the bottom of the pan.
- Cover eggs with about 1/2" - 1" of water.
- Add 1 teaspoon white vinegar.
- Turn on heat to high and bring to boil. Turn down heat to medium and simmer for six minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand for two minutes.
- Plunge hard boiled eggs into an ice bath.
Here is a simple egg salad recipe.