Written by Staff Writer
Wine recommendations made by Bruno Allaire of Dynamic Imports, www.DynamicImports.us.
Organic Mache Salad With Fuyu Persimmons, Pomegranate Seeds and Candied Spiced Nuts
- Barra of Mendocino Pinot Blanc 2004 - 100% Pinot Blanc. Bright and tangy white wine from Redwood Valley, California. Crisp melon, citrus and apple flavors. Long on the finish and wonderfully refreshing. Made from certified organically-grown grapes.
- House of Hafner Sauvignon Blanc 2004 - 100% Sauvignon Blanc. Complex and elegant white wine from Bugenland, Austria. Typical Sauvignon Blanc notes of green apples and wild spice. Dry and complex on the palate, with a well-balanced acidity. A perfect choice for those with histamine allergies. Made from certified organically-grown grapes and Kosher for Passover.
Roasted Split Organic Turkey with Chestnut Stuffing
The following white and red wines pair well with the turkey and side dishes:
- House of Hafner Welsch Riesling 2004 - 100% Welsch Riesling. A dry, full-bodied white wine from Burgenland, Austria, with fruit forward aromas and intense flavors of dried apples, exotic citrus fruits and wild flowers. Made from certified organically-grown grapes and Kosher for Passover.
- Yorkville Cellars Eleanor of Aquitaine 2003 - 50% Semillon / 50% Sauvignon Blanc. A full-bodied white wine from Yorkville Highlands in Mendocino, California. Aromas of honeysuckle and lime with a rich and creamy texture in the mouth. This wine has the depth and complexity that few California white wines achieve. Pear and blood orange fruit flavors pleasantly blend with the rich oak and herbal notes. Great length and movement of flavors across the tongue. Barrel fermented and aged in French oak for 10 months. Made from certified organically-grown grapes.
- Barra of Mendocino Pinot Noir 2002 - 100% Pinot Noir. A light-bodied red wine, typically Burgundian in style, grown on 40-year old vines in Redwood Valley, California. Concentrated flavors of blackberries, cherries and cassis - full of fruit up front - with silky tannins that unfold on the finish. Made from certified organically-grown grapes.
- Usoa de Bagordi Crianza 2000 - 50% Tempranillo / 30% Graciano / 20% Merlot. An intense and complex full-bodied red wine from Rioja, Spain. Aromas of raspberry, wild honey and toasted dried nuts meld into rich red fruit flavors with hints of licorice, chocolate, balsamic and spice. Made from certified organically-grown grapes.
Poached Organic Christmas Pears in Port Wine Sauce
- House of Hafner Ice Wine Gruner Veltliner 2002 - 100% Gruner Veltliner. A noble sweet ice wine from Burgenland, Austria. Spicy grape character aromas with hints of melon, apples and caramel. Well balanced sweetness and acidity with a fruity, lingering finish. Made from certified organically-grown grapes and Kosher for Passover.
- Barra of Mendocino Muscat Canelli 2004 - 100% Muscat Canelli. A delicately balanced dessert wine made from grapes grown on 15-year old vines in Redwood Valley, California. Flavors of tropical fruit, citrus and floral notes with a delicate sweetness. Made from certified organically-grown grapes.
Check out these related Videos, Recipies and Articles
Check out all of our Eco Fun Recipe Videos!