Wine pairings provided by Bruno Allaire and Sante Losio of Dynamic Imports Corp.
Cabernet Franc 2001 – Yorkville Cellars
— Made from 100% estate grown grapes from CCOF-certified organic vineyard. Deep purple color; cherry and brown spice aromas. Rich entry leads to a medium-weight palate with forward fruit. Long finish displaying moderate tannins and fresh acidity.
Chardonnay 2002 – Heller Estate
— Made from 100% estate-grown grapes from vineyards certified organic by Organic Certifiers. Soft vanilla and toasted oak notes throughout with hints of lemon and pineapple. Well balanced citrus fruit and oak combine fore a smooth and lush middle palate. Touches of hazelnut and spicy pear make appearances and everything combines nicely into a crisp, lingering finish.
Pinot Gris 2001 – McFadden Farm
— Made from 100% estate-grown grapes from CCOF-certified organic vineyard. Crisp and fruity with a lovely combination of cinnamon spice, black licorice and ripe pear on the nose. Full flavors of melon, lemon zest and white peach hit your palate and finish over a long minute.
Petit Sirah 2001 – Barra of Mendocino
— Made from 100% estate-grown grapes from CCOF-certified organic vineyard. Essence of black cherry on the nose and peppery flavors in the mouth. Well balanced fruit, tannins and acids with a long, lingering finish. Chill bottle for 10 minutes in refrigerator before opening. Open bottle 10-15 minutes before drinking or decant for optimum drinking experience.
Richard the Lion-Heart 1999 – Yorkville Cellars
– Made from 100% estate-grown grapes from CCOF-certified organic vineyard. Boldness and fortitude balanced by grace and finesse. This proprietor’s blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Malbec and Petit Verdot is a classic Bordeaux graves-style meritage. 100% barrel fermented. This is one of only a select few California wines that actually has all five of the classic Bordeaux red wine varietals. Filled with intense berry flavors, subtle earthiness, and ripe tannins.
You may also be interested in these other articles about wine:
Check out these related Videos, Recipies and Articles
- Better vines for Organic Wine
- Interviews with Two Italian Organic Winemakers
- Red Organic Wine Tasting Video
- Rumplemintz Chocolate Fondue Recipe
Check out all of our Eco Fun Recipe Videos!