Whether or not you’ve “gone organic,” you probably know how crucial a role diet plays in your overall health.People who switch to organic foods report a boost in their energy levels.Their complexions improve and rashes clear up.They catch fewer colds, suffer fewer allergies, and recover quicker from illnesses.The health benefits of eating organic seem to last long-term.
As the good news about organic diets has spread, dog owners are beginning to wonder if dietary changes can help their dogs.Do the benefits of an organic diet really extend to our pets?We all want healthy, happy dogs, but is the higher price of organic dog food really worth it?Consider the potential benefits of organic pet food for your dog:
1. Reduction of skin ailments and allergies.If your dog suffers from allergies or an irritating skin condition, you’ve probably tried “everything” hoping to provide your pet some relief.Special dips, sprays, shampoos, creams and medications may or may not help.Premium brands of dog food recommended by vets still leave some dogs scratching or bald.Why doesn’t anything work, and why should organic food be any different?
Organic dog food may provide your pet with the best chance combating skin infections and allergies long term.It is free of artificial colors and flavor enhancers, chemical additives and toxic pesticides that could be the source of your dog’s allergies.Organic dog food contains quality protein and grain sources of exceptional nutritional value.This supports your dog’s immune system to help build resistance to skin infections.
Check out this amazing Raw Organic Dog Food!
America's First Line of Certified Organic, Frozen, Raw Food for Dogs
Four Distinct Organic, Frozen, Raw Diets for Dogs: Grass Fed Organic Bison, Organic Beef, Organic Chicken and Organic Turkey Diets.
Twelve Health Benefits with Paw Naturaw Certified Organic, Frozen, Raw Food for Dogs: Switching a dog companion’s diet to Paw Naturaw, organic, frozen, raw diets often leads to compelling results such as:
Hair or coat becomes softer, shinier and healthier
Eyes brighten and clear up
Fluid in ears disappears
Skin conditions improve and often vanish
Bad breath freshens and usually is eliminated
Stools reduce in size and become more biodegradable
Energy and vitality increase
Innate senses sharpen and tone
Heart and muscle mass strengthen organically
Immune system functions improve its ability to fight off diseases and infections
Visits to the veterinary clinic may diminish as the body corrects itself organically and may reduce medical expenses over the course of your animal companion’s life
2. More energy and a healthy weight.Plump pugs may be cute, but when your dog suffers from diabetes, organ failure, a back ailment or hip dysplasia, it is a serious, heart-breaking matter.Like humans, overweight dogs tend to have less energy for the exercise that could improve their health and physical condition.How can organic dog food help?
Once again, it is the superior nutritional value of organic dog food that can make a difference.Since it is naturally more nutritious, many owners report their dogs eat less organic dog food than other commercial varieties.Organic food doesn’t contain bulk-fillers, so your dog consumes only what it needs to maintain healthy energy levels and life functions.It probably tastes better to your dog, too!Dogs feel more satiated eating smaller amounts of tasty, nutrient-dense foods.An organic diet can help your dog lose weight and exercise more.
3. Fewer digestive disorders. Superior sources of grains and proteins and a lack of chemicals and artificial substances makes organic dog food more digestible.If your dog vomits occasionally after meals or commonly experiences gas, bloating or diarrhea, check with your veterinarian for underlying illness.In the absence of another cause, feed your dog and organic diet and you’ll both enjoy the improvements!
Easily digestible oats, barley or other natural whole grains and human-grade turkey, lamb or chicken make a tremendous difference to your dog’s digestive system.Rather than consuming corn or other bulk fillers and chemical additives, your dog will ingest only what it needs for healthy metabolic functioning.Dogs eat and eliminate less when they are on an organic diet.They tend to have more predictable bowel movements with firm, less smelly stools.
4. Better overall health and stronger immunity.Even if you dog doesn’t suffer from skin ailments, obesity or digestive problems, an organic diet can still be of benefit.
Although nearly every brand of dog food claims to be “nutritionally complete,” most veterinarians still recommend “premium” brands of dog food over “grocery store” varieties.At the heart of the matter is and always has been the better nutritional value of the premium brands.
Organic dog food provides better quality sources of nutritional substances than even the non-organic, premium brands.It is more digestible for dogs.One final, key factor is that because it is more digestible, dogs are likely to absorb rather than eliminate more of the nutrients they require to maintain a healthy immune system. Boosting your dog’s immunity may help prevent costly infections and illnesses that require veterinarian care.
5. Quality of Life and Longevity.Just as the quality of your diet affects the quality of your life, what you feed your dog will have a direct impact on how he or she looks, feels, and acts.By feeding organic food you can help ensure your dog lives a long, happy and healthy life.It is one ingredient in an overall healthy lifestyle you can help your dog enjoy.A luxurious, shiny coat, energy to run and play, a healthy weight and a strong immune system can maximize your dog’s life expectancy and quality of life into old age.