|Chilled Strawberry Soup|
|Written by Shilo Urban|
Strawberries are the star fruit of the summer season, and for a good-smelling, delicious-tasting reason: The bright red color and fresh sweet taste lift the spirit, thrill the taste buds and remind us of happy times. Strawberry shortcake, strawberry milkshakes and strawberry pie all no doubt have a special place in your heart. But have you ever tried strawberry soup?
Ingredients (Serves 4):
2 cups fresh organic strawberries + extra for garnish
1 cup organic vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup organic orange juice
½ cup organic heavy cream
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Fresh mint for garnish
1. Wash 2 cups of strawberries well, remove their green tops and throw into a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Slowly add the yogurt and then the orange juice into the blender with the strawberries and blend until smooth.
3. Move the pink concoction to a large bowl and fold in the heavy cream along with the vanilla.
4. Chill for at least one hour in the refrigerator – overnight is even better.
5. Pour the soup into individual bowls and garnish with fresh mint and/or strawberry slices with the pretty green tops still on. Serve the chilled strawberry soup with muffins for breakfast, as a party appetizer, a special dessert or enjoy it all by itself!
Note: If your strawberries aren’t sweet enough, you may want to add a couple of teaspoons of honey to sweeten things up. Also, if your soup isn’t pink enough for your liking, add a few drops of Seelect’s all-natural, gluten-free vegan red food coloring.