Sip on this gingerbread latte and instantly get in the holiday mood. Made with almond milk, coffee, ground ginger, and molasses, this latte is the coziest seasonal cup around.
Gingerbread Latte Ingredients
This latte uses a base of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but coconut milk or cashew milk would also work. If using an unsweetened plain version of milk, add in a splash of vanilla extract for extra warmth and flavor.
Almond milk is blended with coffee for a kick of antioxidants and caffeine. Choose an organic, fair trade certified coffee (our favorites are here!) or snag a bottle of organic cold brew. If caffeine doesn’t sit well with you, skip the coffee in this recipe.
Gingerbread flavors are added to this latte with warming spices including ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon. These spices are rich in trace nutrients and antioxidants and contain naturally warming and sweet flavors, which can even curb a sweet tooth.
Select organic spices at the grocery store or online and replace every year, as spices don’t have as long of a shelf life as we tend to think.
This gingerbread latte is sweetened with a pinch each of blackstrap molasses and maple syrup, two sweeteners that taste heavenly when mixed. Blackstrap molasses is rich in a variety of vitamins and minerals including iron, B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, and calcium, and is not as sweet as regular molasses.
The blend of blackstrap molasses with sweet maple syrup is a gingerbread latte game-changer.
With so many flavors and spices, this gingerbread latte is a delicious sip, and perfect for dipping warm cookies into. Gingerbread cookies, of course!
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup brewed black coffee
- ½ Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Heat almond milk and coffee in a small saucepot on the stove until warm.
- Carefully pour warmed milk and coffee into a high-speed blender and add in the remainder of ingredients.
- Blend on high until latte is frothy and combined, about one minute.
- Taste latte and add in an additional tablespoon of maple syrup if desired. Blend again until incorporated.
- Pour into a mug and garnish with cinnamon.
Related On Organic Authority
The Colossal Health Benefits of Ginger (Fresh vs. Ground)
Among the Possible Cures for Cancer, Ginger Root Stands Out
Stave off Winter Sickness with a Lemon Ginger Tea Elixir
Additional photos by Kate Gavlick