Welcome to this week's installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week and more from our friends and partners around the web. This week's edition includes articles on how to keep meeting your 2013 fitness goals, the health benefits of cabbage, vegetarian recipes for Sunday's big game, 100% organic jeans, energy efficient mortgages, energizing yoga poses and DIY bath salt recipes.
1. January’s over and February is here! Are you still meeting your 2013 fitness goals? If you need some extra tips and motivation, check out Experience Life’s practical guide for fitness goals.
2. Cabbage is cool! Not only is this a purple vegetable but it has some great health benefits too. Explore cabbage’s benefits on MightyNest.
3. For those of you hosting a game day party this weekend, vegetarian options might seem like a challenge. Have no fear, Blistree offers up tons of game day snacks that will delight vegetarians and meat-eaters alike!
4. Deciding to give your home green upgrades can sometimes be costly. Improving your home’s energy efficiency is an important step in living a green lifestyle. To help with the costs of going green, some lenders offer energy efficient mortgages. To learn more about EEM’s, visit Yogitimes.
5. Yoga is a great way to relieve stress, stretch out and even boost energy. Head over to The Organic Whey for a list of 7 yoga poses that help energize you for the day!
6. Baths are a great way to relax. Bath salts make bath time even more enjoyable. Make your own custom scented bath salts with Ecosalon’s DIY instructions.
7. Going 100% Organic, Nudie Jeans Inspires Change in the Denim Industry. Read all about it on Goodlifer.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent