Welcome to this week's installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week and more from our friends and partners around the web. This week's edition includes articles on the healing powers of sleep, uses for peppermint oil, the anatomy of a yoga mat, how to understand beauty product labels, the benefits of interval training and a vegan pancake recipe.
1. "Sleep on it." Popular decision making advice often refers to sleep as a solution to a difficult decision. Sleep affects more than our ability to make good decisions though. Simply sleeping enough each night allows balance in the body, making it easier to obtain weight loss goals, focus and be more successful in general! Read more about the healing powers of sleep on Experience Life.
2. Essential oils are used for a variety of purposes. Peppermint oil is no exception. This essential oil offers relief for congestion, headaches and even stress. Head over to MightyNest to learn more about the many uses for peppermint oil.
3. A roll-up yoga mat is simply a roll-up yoga mat right? Not exactly. Yoga mats actually have a sort of anatomy. The width, material and layers all contribute to the mat's quality. Check out Blisstree's guide to find the right mat for your yoga practice.
4. We all know the importance of reading and understanding the labels on our food, but what about the labels on our body and beauty products? Beauty products often use tricky terms that make understanding the ingredients difficult. For a user-friendly guide to decoding product labels, visit YogiTimes.
5. Finding time to workout is often half the battle. Traditional training programs often take at least an hour to work through. Interval training helps cut down on time spent working out while maximizing the fitness benefits. The Organic Whey offers tips on how to incorporate interval training into your fitness plan.
6. It's time for a pancake makeover! The breakfast classic is typically made with eggs, butter and other animal products. For a vegan twist on breakfast, try EcoSalon's vegan pancake recipe.
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent