Welcome to this week's installment of From Our Friends, our weekly roundup where we highlight some of our favorite posts from the past week from our friends and partners around the web. This week's edition includes articles on how to boost your health and metabolism without starving, why Mighty Nest REALLY likes the color orange (and you should too!), what common diet myths NOT to believe, why organic food is especially important for your little ones, and why you should be eating a LOT more cinnamon. Enjoy these, and have a wonderful fall weekend!
1. The Case for Intermittent Fasting: How intermittently halting our food intake can improve health and metabolism — with zero risk of starvation. Read it all at Experience Life!
2. This polarizing color allegedly helps to, “increase creativity, appetite and socialization” but also "gives relief from things becoming too serious and aids in spicing things up when dragging," according to Kate Smith at Sensational Color. Read all about MightyNest's case for picking the color orange!
3. Before you start your diet, take a look at Blisstree's informative post on 5 common diet myths that may be packing on the pounds!
4. As scientists aim to prove exactly what farming chemicals do to us, organic food protects from certain threats. Rodale has a great article on a recent study that says organic protects kids from superbugs and pesticides.
5. Cinnamon, one of the oldest spices known to man, has long been used not just as a flavor enhancer, but also for its medicinal qualities. Read this post on The Organic Whey on all the amazing things cinnamon can do for you!
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: Science Daily