Believe it or not, it's Friday already! Before you head out to relax through another beautiful weekend, take a lunch break and check out our fantastic new installment of From Our Friends! We've packed it full of posts on music's scientific impact on exercise, using kettlebells to maximize your at-home workout routine, a famous author's battle through breast cancer, a new yoga pose you may not know, why you should be packing heads of cabbage into your shopping list, and a crazy look at the evolution of patient safety! Enjoy these, dear readers, and have a great weekend!
1. Every time you make a new workout playlist you experience music’s performance-enhancing power. Now science has uncovered new insights that help explain music’s impact on exercise. Read more at Experience Life!
2. Experts agree, changing up your at-home exercise routine will keep you from reaching a plateau with your workouts. Incorporating kettlebell exercises into your workout regimen is an excellent way to train your muscles while also getting in some cardio exercise. The Organic Whey has 6 great kettlebell exercises to maximize your at-home workout routine.
3. For decades, young adult authorJudy Blume has been shaping the lives of teens (particularly girls) with her pragmatic, popular novels on subjects that matter to kids. Touching on everything from divorce to sex and, most famously, periods. Now, the beloved author has started a new chapter in her life–she is battling breast cancer. Read the story on Blisstree.
4. EcoSalon has a weekly series to guide you through new yoga poses, and teach you something about ones you might already know. Check out this week's installment on the yogic breath!
5. There are some very convincing statistics showing that eating cabbage brings substantial health benefits in return. Check out all the great reasons why you should throw a couple heads of cabbage into your shopping cart at MightyNest.
6. Today, health records and disposable syringes are the sorts of things we take for granted that our healthcare systems will provide, but as recently as the early 20th century, neither was even heard of. Environmenal Graffiti posted a fascinating infographic on the evolution of patient safety. Check it out!
You can follow Spencer on Twitter @SpencerKent
Image: Kettlebell Workouts