Regardless of your age, snack time is more fun when you combine nutritious fruit and colorful toppings. Our weekend recipe lets you play with your food by rolling banana pops in graham cracker crumbs, dried fruit or coconut for a sweet treat.
When selecting the honey that serves as the “glue,” read product labels to ensure you’re purchasing 100% pure honey.
Frozen Honey Banana Pops
Makes 8 pops
- 4 just-ripe bananas, peeled
- 8 craft sticks
- 1/2 cup honey
- 11/3 cups finely chopped nuts, coconut, carob chips, dried fruit, graham cracker crumbs, etc.
- Cut bananas in half crosswise. Insert a craft stick into each cut end. Freeze for at least 30 minutes on a wax paper-lined tray.
- Meanwhile, spread desired toppings onto separate plates.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of honey over each slightly frozen banana, rotating and smoothing honey with back of spoon to coat all sides.
- Roll banana in desired topping until coated on all sides, pressing with fingertips to help toppings adhere.
- Return pops to wax paper-lined tray and repeat with remaining bananas. Freeze pops 15 minutes or more to set toppings. Serve.
Note: Because you’re dedicated to organic living, OrganicAuthority.com recommends using certified organic ingredients, when available, in all recipes to maximize flavor, while minimizing your risk of exposure to pesticides, chemicals and preservatives.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Honey Board