You’ll make the most nutritious—and delicious—produce choices when you buy locally grown organic fruits and vegetables that are in season. It’s also the most economical way to shop the produce aisle.
Mushrooms and oranges join this month’s peak-season list, while eggplant moves off.
Here are the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s top peak-season choices:
- Bell peppers
- Sweet potatoes
Click here to find a farmer’s market near you.
10 Recipes to Inspire You
- Florida Orange and Sweet Oso Onion Salad
- Grilled Flatbread with Olive, Orange and Fennel Relish
- Orange and Radish Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette
- Blood Orange Marga-Tea-Tas
- Sautéed Mushroom Salad
- Moist & Savory Stuffing
- Mushroom Sauté with Toasted Walnuts
- Broiled Italian-Style Portobello Mushrooms
- Brussels Sprouts with Mushrooms
- Pugliese Mushroom Scafata with Green Olive Crostini