We are loving the amount of conversing that is going on in our social networks! We can't get enough of your funny and insightful comments, so keep it coming!
Thank you so much for being the best organic community on the web. Here are some of our favorite highlights from the week:
- @SiMPLiciTYnLiFe: I am making this this weekend!! RT @OrganicAuthorit: Homemade Organic Ricotta Cheese Recipe - http://bit.ly/aPXvn9
- @DirtCheapWine: @OrganicAuthorit Bella Vista makes a nice organic wine, and Fetzer (they practice sustainable farming) makes a yummy Reisling and a Cab Sauv
- @steveasimmonds: @OrganicAuthorit here is a beautiful sunset picture from a recent hike on Vancouver Island. http://twitpic.com/2uyyeo
- @eBioticMedia: @OrganicAuthorit Great article, I will surely share this. People don't understand the impact that food prod. has on the environment! Thanks.
- @AmyBrianNatural: @OrganicAuthorit My wife is making black bean chili with corn bread...I am a lucky man
- @Shantiwallah: It's sunny! I'm going to celebrate with this for morning tea break. http://bit.ly/ak9jr3 from @OrganicAuthorit
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
From the Organic Authority Files
We asked you what your thoughts were on outlawing chocolate milk in schools. Turns out that you had quite a bit to say! Here are some of our favorite responces:
- Kerri Dotson-Kwiatek I agree, anything that has HFCS in it, shouldn't be allowed in schools. The kids' are there to learn, not be drugged out of their minds.
- Jennifer Downing Bokma if it used sugar rather than corn syrup, I woul be OK with it, but anything a school serves will have hfc in it. The strawberry milk has something like twice the corn syrup content of a soda. Crazy.
- Christina Agoris How about water? Kids learn young to drink everything under the sun. Maybe they should just offer water. As soon as most of these kids get off school they go to aftercare and drink sodas and imitation juices or they go home and do the same. School doesn't need to be an additional provider of crap.
- Bill Nunes Chocolate milk with HFCS is on par with whole wheat sugary breakfast cereals. The dairy industry needs to return to producing a wholesome food and back off of increasing sales regardless of if the products are healthful.
- Cathleen Carol Karper Some kiddos won't touch milk without the chocolate. We have bigger issues, such as pepper bellies being on the menu as the main course!! For those of you not familiar with pepper bellies, they are Fritos with chilii and cheese on top. Let's all look at the big picture, shall we?