All of the ingredients should be available at your local natural and organic food store.
Tilapia With Smoky-Pepper Sauce
Makes 4 servings (3 ounces fish and 1/3 cup sauce per serving)
- 4 tilapia or other mild, thin fish fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola or olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup mild picante sauce (lowest sodium available)
- 1/2 to 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (canned), finely chopped and mashed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle paprika and pepper on both sides of fish.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat, swirling to coat bottom. Cook fish 3 minutes on each side, or until it flakes easily with fork. Transfer fish to plates.
- In small microwaveable bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Cover bowl and microwave on 100% power (high) 2 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Spoon over cooked fish.
Photo courtesy of the American Heart Association