Cucumbers on the grill?
Absolutely! They’re even better when freshly picked from your organic garden.
Today’s recipe pairs English cucumbers with juicy tomatoes, and prep time is minimal. Use a grill basket to prevent veggies from slipping through the grate.
All of the ingredients should be available at a well-stocked natural and organic food store.
Warm Tomato and Cucumber Salad
1 English cucumber
Olive-oil nonstick cooking spray
Salt and pepper, to taste
Your favorite Italian dressing
- Cut tomatoes into wedges.
- Slice cucumber into 1/2-inch slices.
- Spray veggies generously with olive-oil nonstick cooking spray for extra flavor and browning. Spray grill basket, as well.
- Place vegetables in basket. Grill until lightly browned, tossing occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Toss with salad greens and Italian dressing.
Recipe courtesy of PAM Organic Cooking Spray. Photo: La Grande Farmers’ Market.