I'm cooking up all the Thanksgiving recipes in my house this year, and while my immediate family is blessed not to have any food allergies or sensitivities, some of my guests do. My daughter's best friend has egg, dairy, and peanut allergies, my mother-in-law is a vegetarian, and my BFF is gluten-free.
It's going to be a whole different kind of holiday!
But I feel ready for the challenge. Allergy-friendly eating and healthy Thanksgiving recipes have come so far in just the past few years, I have no doubt that everyone will be able to find something they love at my Thanksgiving table. Not every side dish on my table will suit every need, but I feel confident that I'll be able to provide enough variety that no one will go away hungry.
So here's a round-up of just a few Thanksgiving recipes I've had pinned to help make my allergy-friendly feast a raging success:
- These balsamic roasted fall vegetables with sumac from Boulder Locavore are as pretty as they will be tasty.
- For lots of people, Thanksgiving isn't complete without green bean casserole, and this version from Allergy Free Menu Planners is gluten-, dairy-, and grain-free!
- This garlic mashed potatoes recipe from the Food Network proves that you don't need butter and cream to make amazing spuds.
- If you prefer sweet potatoes, these vegan mashed sweet potatoes ought to do the trick! From Healthy Real Food Vegetarian.
- If you haven't tried coconut whipped cream yet, DO IT. You will thank me when you get to skip buying chemical-laden Cool Whip forever! (The fruit salad on this page is a show-stopper, too.)
- And this gluten-, dairy-, and egg-free cornbread and wild mushroom stuffing sounds delicious!
- For people looking to eliminate refined sugars, here's a tasty-looking refined-sugar free cranberry sauce recipe from Nourishingmeals.com.
- These pumpkin rolls are vegan and gluten free! From Allergic Adventures.
- And I'm super excited to try this healthy pumpkin pie from Chocolate-Covered Katie uses coconut milk, which sounds like an amazing combo to me!
Related on Organic Authority
Photo by: Boulder Locavore