In this dish, the “fettuccine” is actually made from carrots shredded into ribbons with a vegetable peeler.I think you’ll be surprised at how much it tastes like the real thing. The sauce clings to the ribbons, giving each bite a delectable, earthy flavor.
Coastal Carrot 'Fettuccine' Recipe with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 2½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil divided
- 3 large rainbow or orange carrots peeled
- 1 cup Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds toasted, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute until soft and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of the basil and saute until the tomatoes burstand release their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the carrots into ribbons, using either a spiral slicer (aka spiralizer) or a vegetable peeler (this is easiest when you hold the carrot down on a flat surface).
- Add the carrots, Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper to the pan, and cook until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ tablespoon basil and the pumpkin seeds before serving.