Lighten up snack time with these healthy homemade potato chips. They’re just as crispy as the kind from a bag but have less fat and less sodium. Plus it’s easy and inexpensive to make!
You can make these with either russet potatoes or sweet potatoes (if you’re feeling extra healthy!). Russet potatoes are high in vitamin B6, potassium, copper, and vitamin C. Potatoes are low in calories and high in fiber. The most nutrients are in the skin so be sure not to peel.
Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, copper, and pantothenic acid. They have a bit less carbohydrates than russet potatoes which make them a good choice for those who are carb conscious. Sweet potatoes are also an excellent source of beta-carotene which helps maintain healthy skin and eyes.
Make these party-ready by serving them alongside vegan ranch dip or goddess dip. The creamy dips will add even more flavor to this healthy snack and will remind guests of their favorite guilty pleasures, without the guilt!
- 3 russet potatoes or sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Optional: Dried or fresh chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Using a vegetable brush, rinse and scrub potatoes under running cool water. Remove any eyes. Pat dry using a paper towel or tea towel.
- Using a mandoline, slice the potatoes into 1/8 inch rounds and spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 12 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and any additional seasonings, if desired. Enjoy!
Related on Organic Authority
5 Healthy Snacks for Kids: Easy and Fun Summer Recipes
Butternut Squash Veggie Chips Recipe With Herbes de Provence
6 Kick-Ass Dip Recipes That Will Totally Make You Flip Your Chip
Images via Karissa Bowers