Spice up your average baked potato by cooking it Hasselback style instead. By slicing up the potatoes before you bake them, you’re left with a perfectly crispy outside and soft, fork-tender inside. With a drizzle of vegan roasted garlic butter, a sprinkle of fresh chives, and a touch of coarse sea salt, you’ll be happy you spent a little extra time on your dinner. And with only 6 ingredients, you won’t be fussing over this impressive yet easy accompaniment to your dinner. Pair these Hasselback potatoes with a vegan protein-rich salad with beans or tofu for a completely healthy meal. Trust us, they are easier to make than they look!
- 2 russet potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed
- 1 garlic bulb
- ¼ cup fresh chives, minced
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a baking mat. Cut the top off the garlic bulb and brush with olive oil. Place directly on a cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Melt the vegan butter over the stove on low heat. Squeeze in the roasted garlic and stir. Remove from heat.
- Slice each potato horizontally, ¾ of the way through, careful not to slice all the way through. Place each potato on the lined baking tray. Drizzle each potato with the roasted garlic butter. Bake for 50 minutes to 60 minutes, until the centers are fork-tender and the outsides are golden brown. Remove from oven and top with coarse sea salt. Garnish with chives and enjoy!
Related on Organic Authority
All Images via Karissa Bowers