We are celebrating a wonderful holiday season here at Organic Authority. Between all the great interaction we get to have with our ever expanding online community and all the holiday parties we get to go to offline, we certainly feel very grateful! You keep our walls and newsfeeds full of love each and every week.
Thanks again for being the best organic community on the web! Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- @secretlysweet: @OrganicAuthorit Xmas stockings: Sugar cookies rolled around choc chips, nuts, + candied fruit shaped like stockings RT fav holiday recipe?
- @Emz_here: Have been looking for a simple recipe for mulled wine - may give the @OrganicAuthorit one a try at the weekend!
- @Poggled: Whether you're hungover from booze or the Bears game :-( , here's "9 Holiday Hangover Cures" (via @OrganicAuthorit). http://so-kt.tw/5a4
- @darinklein: Hooray! RT @OrganicAuthorit: Sexual Healing for Cold & Flu Prevention: http://t.co/adXGka7
- @KristineGarina: @OrganicAuthorit Olive oil doesn't freeze hard the way butter does - that's my problem! But I'll try never the less! :)
- @healthbychad: @OrganicAuthorit Not @TenleyWFM; we diverted 78% of our food waste from the landfill in '09 and expect at least 85% this year.
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
We love when members of our community are able to reach out and help each other, and fortunately we see a lot of that over at Organic Authority! Here are some of our favorite Facebook posts from the last week:
- Peggy Manfredi Surprise ... get out the box, stuff their faces with air puffs and food coloring and then send them off the school - when report cards come out ... blame the schools! Who's Congress going to help - these corporations or our kids? (not really a question!)
- Nancy Seaberg My fudge, which I've made for 41 years and my peanut brittle...world famous. The fudge is fantastic, because I misinterpreted the recipe. Everyone has loved it, so I keep making it the same way. Can't argue with success.
- Miles Rouch Very good tips, thanks! The one thing that keeps me sane is remembering that the holidays are not about me, it's about others and showing them you care. With that thought in mind, no line is too long and you can keep a smile on your face in the midst of the holiday chaos that everyone else suffers through.
- Debby Joslin Duvall Can't trust anything, and I will not eat or drink GMO products.
- Nancy Jean Walton Yes I first learned of the food landfill from the docks of NY many years ago! Wastefull disgard that could go to feed the hungry - These two stores are not exclusive of this activity - just about all the grocery stores in American unless otherwise connected to a food pantry throw away edible food.
- Mundafar Lussier Cutting down on food waste is an important part of the problem and there is so much more. "We The Sheep People" are treading on to tell Canadians that they have so much work to to, but good clean fun work...its a food revolution, join in!