Happy Friday everyone! If you're new to OA, we take time once a week to thank our fans for all the posts and comments they leave us every week. This week is our March Against Monsanto edition. Last Saturday, May 25, people all over the country and world marched to raise awareness of Monsanto's unethical practices and many of our readers were there! Read below to see their stories and where they marched! Remember to follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ to stay up to date on all our social networks! Thank you all :) Have a wonderful weekend!
If you have any thoughts or ideas about how we can improve, please share.
From the Organic Authority Files
Our Facebook Fans Share Where They Marched Against Monsanto & Their Experiences:
- Sarah Grace-Brenton We had over 200 people show up. Gathered at the Temecula duck pond. A big group of us marched to the City Hall. I think it was a great turn out..and got a lot of good response. Passed out flyers about GMOs to those who were clueless about what we were chanting and what we were doing. I had my 12 and 10 year old with me..they had fun. There were many other small children as well..which I think is great, make them understand about this at an early age. I think next time around, we can double the amount of people who showed up!
- Jennifer Patterson Solano My daughter & I attended the one in Jackson, MS along with some friends
- Amy May Yes Ontario, Canada
- Sandy Frazier Stelljes I went to the one in Hunt Valley, Maryland!
- Elle Sanders The local ABC station here in NYC covered it. My husband was in the segment! (full disclosure: my husband used to work for ABC news, and so we knew the camera man who was filming the rally and march)
- Carol Ann James Penzance, Cornwall, UK
- Vanessa Duvehundreds of people meeting on Union Square marching down Broadway to Washington Square, lot's of signs with great messages. No news coverage besides RT News. Beginning of march was well organized but fizzled out at the end. Speakers were missing to bring our mission across...it ended up being more a march for the ones who knew already rather than making more 'outsiders' curious. In any way, a very good step in the right direction but we need to pursue it further.It was a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by so many like-minded beings.
- Chef Andrelle Aubourg NYC
- Sara Arman Montpelier, VT
- Kathy Truppa-Dideriksen I did!! Kalamazoo MI, had my two beautiful children,in laws and cousins with us.