Happy New Year everyone! We hope that your holiday and vacations were wonderful. We are so happy to get back to the grindstone and tell you about all the new things we have in store for you. We are working on some great features that will all be revealed soon. Thanks for ringing in the new year with us this week by getting right back to what you do best: speak! Part of the reason OA is so great is that we have such insightful readers. Don't ever stop!
If you have any thoughts or ideas about how we can improve, please share.
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- @HealthyHappyHot: I'm so upset with my hometown for this! Wendy’s Opens in Tokyo w/ $16 Foie Gras and Truffle Burger organicauthority.com/blog/organic/j… via @OrganicAuthorit
From the Organic Authority Files
- @AZgrabaplate: I love cereal, but gotta look for the good stuff! Don't Get Bowled Over by Your Breakfast Cereal: organicauthority.com/health/breakfa… via @OrganicAuthorit
- @LeighAutumn: ...talk about Freak Food RT “@OrganicAuthorit: Petition Calls to Block Agent Orange Resistant GMO Corn su.pr/2kpBiI”
- @FarmscapeLA: If youre going 2 eat meat this is a good reason to find grass fed meat from local farms: bit.ly/tpErfH via @OrganicAuthorit #goodfood
- @OilForLife: Whats In Your #Hamburger? in your food ask FDA, & they honestly attack raw milk- what a joke! organicauthority.com/blog/organic/w… via @OrganicAuthorit
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
Cyndie Thomson So funny that it takes all this research for people to realize that whole foods (duh) are the healthiest way to eat (as nature intended) We call Fast Food "Fake Food." Our fast meal is a trip out for sushi.
- Bekah Pellegrino Another great one is pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru. Someone did this for me once at Starbucks and it cost under $6 but I couldn't stop smiling about it all day.
ConsciousParents.org This is the exact recipe I have used for 4 years at the holidays to give as gifts. I have used organic ingredients only, and for the sugar, I used turbinado sugar (a little more "scratchy" than white cane sugar). This has been a huge hit among my friends, and I love to use it right before I shave... on my legs. The leftover oil on the legs is perfect to get a close, smooth shave. I absolutely LOVE the scent.....
- Ava Anderson Non Toxic - Natural Personal Care Products by Heather Carroll Great ideas! I just have to learn not to take the money back out once I put it in the savings account! I do pretty well with the change jar though. Thanks for the article!
- Ron Drake THANK YOU for providing us w/these awesome insights about our food industries!