Good news everyone: We just hit over 18,000 LIKES on Facebook! It is absolutely incredible to us how quickly we have grown as a community, and we want to say THANK YOU to each and every one of you who comments, tweets and shares us everyday. You are the reason we are at this level, and for that we strive to provide you with the best content possible. Thanks for being a fan of us - we're big fans of you!
Also, check out our OA Everyday Eco Star! Her name is Danielle, but she goes by the name of The Glamorganic Goddess on her blog! Her story is amazing, and you can read all about her right here! Congrats! Check out her new blog for us here, as well!
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- TheNatureCoSpa: @OrganicAuthorit Thank you, for your #pinkwashing article, this morning. These companies should be called out!
From the Organic Authority Files
- @Ms_K80K: @OrganicAuthorit It's the plot for a sci-fi movie about how we screwed ourselves right out of a food chain. #sad
- @LucidWellness: Think I'll try this w/ teeccino and coconut milk. How to Make an Organic Pumpkin Spice Latte: organicauthority.com/eco-chic-table… via @OrganicAuthorit
- @bklimegreen: @OrganicAuthorit Times like this so happy I am 2 week old Pescetarian.
- @localicious: You had us at beer! RT @OrganicAuthorit: Love beer? Check out our 7 Fun Beer Cocktail Recipes su.pr/2RN9VE
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
Angel Organic I believe that local is the only really long term solution. People must learn to live to the conditions of their environments. In the long run we cannot sustain this growth.
- Fay Crombie A lady gave me a bag of cat food that her cats wouldn't eat, so i tried it and my cats wouldn't touch it. I forgot about it and it was left out in the rain overnight. What a surprise that i woke up to!; basically a big bowl of sawdust
Jenny Millar Planted 3 fruit trees this winter-plum, strawberry guava and nectarine. Now I have about 18 fruit trees in my food forest on my suburban house block!!
- Linda Saucedo After years of taking antacid medicine I now use baking soda in water. Works a lot quicker and a lot cheaper.
- Jude Ranson really interesting ... i still believe a lot of it is gmo foods, toxic pharmaceuticals and processed foods. just my thought !!