We want to start off by saying THANK YOU! to our amazing community who helped us not only reach 5k 'likes' on Facebook, but got us to 5,222! We are glad that you all are as passionate and interested in everything organic as we are!
As our big family continues to grow, so do all the great conversations on our social networks. Here are some of our favorite highlights from the week:
- @Thumbelina: OH MY GOD I used to love McNuggets... What's in Fast Food Chicken? (Hint: It’s NOT Chicken): http://t.co/gEgYEiG via @OrganicAuthorit
- @zooluorganics: @OrganicAuthorit Those are awesome halloween cupcakes! These are some we made last year http://yfrog.com/f5myqj
- @VancouverJock: @OrganicAuthorit I completely agree with you! So many companies selling unhealthy products are going "pink" the way others went green!
- @TheSFile: I'm overwhelmed by all the recent recalls!RT @OrganicAuthorit: 5 Die, 6 Sickened After Eating Tainted Celery http://t.co/uvyTsho
- @delightfulrepas: "What is your favorite Fall breakfast?" http://tinyurl.com/26vw5qg With all organic ingredients, of course!
- @GourmetRambler: Pinot Noir RT @OrganicAuthorit It's #winewednesday! What is your favorite wine for a cool Autumn night?
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
From the Organic Authority Files
After our article on "pinkwashing," it seemed like you all had a lot to say on the matter. Here are some of our favorite Facebook posts from the last week:
- Ron Medlock I had acne as a teenager... My grandmother had rest homes and an old lady who was a medical doctor from the early 1900's gave me a regimen that worked better that accutane and antibiotics... 1) eliminate all dairy products (too much mucus) ...2) wash the face 2 times a day with ICE cold water and Sulfur Soap (tightens pores and kills bacteria) 3) pat skin dry and use witches hazel (as astringent). 4) drink Panex Ginseng liquid/ 1 vial a day (to stabilize hormones)... it worked flawlessly.. and was responsible for me becoming a holistic Chiropractor!!!
- Deb Malyss (In response to our Halloween Polenta Bites) I'm allergic to corn but am thinking of subbing qinoa. This would also add a bit of protein to the recipe. One could also sub veggie broth and soft tofu for the cream cheese and have a vegan version! Yummy idea!
- Bruce Guillory I think that anything we can do to make it easier for people to see what is in the foods they consume, the better it is for us all.
- Donna Cat Yeah, as long as people live a carb heavy diet, which most folks do...we will continue on this very bad path.
- Patrick Murphy It's amazing how people pay so much attention to detail when they buy a car, furniture, jewelry etc ... When buying food and beverages most people don't bother to look at what they're actually consuming. Time to smarten up people!!