The best part about putting these roundups together is seeing how passionate most of you are about a better lifestyle not only for you, but for your fellow human beings (and animals!). It is really refreshing and life-affirming to read your tweets and posts, so thank you for being such a great open-minded and outspoken community!
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- @healthykitchen: Jan 18, 1:16pm via Web@OrganicAuthorit Now I know why my wife likes to cuddle! She does have pain sometimes.
- @teachpr: @OrganicAuthorit #sexualhealing No surprise for us migraine sufferers...
- @lathertons: I really love this site! Eat Simply and Seasonally: http://t.co/Yrpj3us via @OrganicAuthorit
- @sherimiya: Was just wondering how to start sprouts. I'll look for organic seeds? RT @OrganicAuthorit: How to Grow Your Own Sprouts http://bit.ly/hwtCe9
- @GreenFoodGal: 'Lidia's Italy' Host Calls for an End to Food Waste: http://t.co/nk3Nryi via @OrganicAuthorit Thank you Lidia! Sage advice.
- @DocGoodell: @OrganicAuthorit Oh that sound so good...mmmmm Marttini
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
We love when members of our community are able to reach out and help each other, and fortunately we see a lot of that over at Organic Authority! Here are some of our favorite Facebook posts from the last week:
- Greg Patrick My favorite cocktail is homemade eggnog: Raw milk, raw eggs, molasses, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg blended with a splash of Jim Beam. I won't call it health food, but it does have lots of healthy Ω3 and probiotics. :P
- Lynn Sargent Yesterday had a vegan soul foods potluck in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. I made Southern Greens.
- Lisa Sadler I am with Deb & Amy as well as Renee. It encompasses my buying from food to material objects - it's my approach to how I live my life. Transportation is in there as well. I look at what the 'need' is & is it truly necessary. I look to fix something then to 2nd hand, then to local vs big box/internet (I live in a rural area). Consumerism can tangent off of this subject quite nicely!
- Michelle Fleck It becomes more and more important every day. Our hometown Kroger only just now started carrying a little free-range chicken, so I know that our choices really are making a difference. It just takes time.
- Ron Germain The only veggie burgers I eat are ones that do not pretend to be meat and do not contain soy, like Sunshine Burgers. If I want something that has the look, taste and texture of a meat product, I'll have the real thing.
- Lillian Peacock dried cherries, Chipotle or Jamba Juice heheheeheh :)