This Thanksgiving we celebrated our Facebook community growing past 6,000 members! We love that you all are so invlolved, and strive every day to provide you with the best organic goodness that we can. We hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving!
Thanks again for being the best organic community on the web! Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- @ballerscholar: "@OrganicAuthorit: Healthy Diet of Twinkies? http://t.co/0ye5QAU Wow, Would any of you try this?" Yes. Yes I would.
- @qutequte: @OrganicAuthorit Spices! So underlooked! #health #organic
- @one5nine: As a Type 2 Diabetic, this is very helpful! Thanks! RT @OrganicAuthorit: 10 Tips for Reducing Sugar Intake http://dlvr.it/9W0NV
- @bluemoonnl: Even mother nature has a SOH, laughter is the best medicine! http://t.co/9OjpaQr via @OrganicAuthorit #bluemoonnl
- @domestically: @OrganicAuthorit Your recipes for sweet potatoes look scrumptious. Oh boy!
- @melonyfresh: @OrganicAuthorit We normally make pumpkin soup, stuffing made with morningstar bacon/sausage substitutes, and a veggie-croissant wreath :)
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
From the Organic Authority Files
We love when members of our community are able to reach out and help each other, and fortunately we see a lot of that over at Organic Authority! Here are some of our favorite Facebook posts from the last week:
- Joe Orosco I can't wait to sink my teeth into the Tofu Bloody Ear Burrito. I "hear" it is to die for.
- Rocio Ramirez This is great! I add tumeric to a lot of my foods (scrambled eggs, rice, and chicken). Now, I'm gonna try it on my face. btw, I know that it's great for men and helps reduce the chance for prostate cancer
- Jennifer Downing Bokma went well. I think because I've been cooking everything from scratch for awhile, Thanksgiving dinner was easy! We ate mostly organic/ free range, but I am having a hard time finding wheat free organic gluten free flours. It's very frustrating.
- Andreas Wismeijer I'm from the Netherlands, living in a somewhat rural area. No difficulties here finding porc, chicken, lamb and veal that was born and raised in a totally healthy organic environment! The best thing for me about cooking GOOD, HEALTHY and ORGANIC food is that you (almost) don't get fat while you can still eat quite a bit of all those delicious ingredients! So much better than 2 cheeseburgers from McDonalds....! Keep up the good work Laura, I very much enjoy your site!
- Marta Perrone Coming from Europe, my mother never let us eat processed food (not fun when you are a kid, however grateful today). Traditional meal: Yams, Mashed potatoes, Fresh "Organic" green beans, fresh cranberry special sauce with oranges, apples, walnuts cranberries and raspberries, oh and 2 wonderful 16 pound turkeys. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!