It seems as if our community never sleeps, and we couldn't be happier! Over the past week you all have kept the conversations going strong, with wonderful insights and quirky remarks. We hope you all enjoyed your Halloween weekend and look forward to all the Fall foodie goodness that is inevitable in November!
Thanks again for being the best organic community on the web! Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- @ThannSanctuary: @OrganicAuthorit Great post. Been spending sometime readin all the past articles. Thanks.
- @gemlily5: @OrganicAuthorit Trying to go without eating ice cream with milk,one day at a time! This will be hard. May need help.
- @ActivityDigest: @OrganicAuthorit was recommended as an Expert Curator for quality links, expertise. Congrats! http://wsdm.co/P19oJ3 @organizedwisdom
- @tarheel_foodie: @OrganicAuthorit : love your post on subing cottage cheese w/holidays coming! Here's a healthy spread/dip recipe: http://bit.ly/abIRsG
- @millsks: Great tip on how to combat the inevitable barrage of deliciously unhealthy holiday food from @OrganicAuthorit! http://ow.ly/32SsA
- @MikeGolfJunkie: @OrganicAuthorit Our trick or treaters are going around passing recycling reminders to the neighbors,volunteering to help tonight!
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
From the Organic Authority Files
We love when members of our community are able to reach out and help each other, and fortunately we see a lot of that over at Organic Authority! Here are some of our favorite Facebook posts from the last week:
- Karen Dubin Hazelwood-Dantone So, I've been a vegetarian for 30 years. I find myself more and more attracted to being vegan but don't know how to do it healthfully. Can anyone out there recommend books, thoughts, etc? Thanks!
- In response to Karen's post above: Leigh Dana A good way to ease yourself into Vegan-ism would be reading a book by Athlete Brandon Brazier, inventor of Vega. It is called the Thrive Diet. I recommend this book because there are great recipes, insight and explanation of nutrients when considering a vegan diet- one that can sustain you for life!
- Moira Ireland I live in Alaska, so foraging is a way of life for me, one that I'm passing on to my children! Definitely invest in a LOCAL book and learn before consuming, or take a class and learn a new cooking skill :) Nothing beats food that you have grown or harvested yourself!
- Sabine Crawford Thanks, so much for posting, I needed a pillow for so long and couldn't find a healthy alternative to my ergonomic pillow, the only pillow I can sleep on :) Just ordered mine! YAY!
- Tammy Hong Klein I use to love to can.. I went through a stage. but then since we live in california and the produce is so fresh, i just buy now. But canning is a lot of fun to do and the different things you can do!