We LOVE it when you, our readers, get active and spark deep conversations about improving your life, health, community, and the planet as a whole. And we love the positive feedback about how much Organic Authority means to you. Nothing makes us feel as good about what we are doing than hearing it directly from you.
If you have any thoughts or ideas about how we can improve, please share! So this week, we thank YOU for the inspiration!
Here are some of our favorite social network highlights from the week:
- @TrueTerroir: @OrganicAuthorit I'm doubtful the labels will have much impact until they become mandatory (producers of unhealthy foods just won't label).
- @petflow: We want #pets to be safe this Winter! Make sure and be aware of pet dangers in these cold months! http://so-kt.tw/7Mf (via @OrganicAuthorit)
- @LCGrassfed: #USDA Permits Planting of #GMO Sugar Beets http://t.co/Y4hIs0g @OrganicAuthorit - Sometimes you have to kill a planet to save it - Monsanto
- @liquidfence: My reason to own a dog - no one loves me more! via @OrganicAuthorit http://bit.ly/ga6p0H
- @Mekelefleur: @OrganicAuthorit Will they never learn....everything was made right the first time or it wouldnt have survived since time began!
- @gardenofliferaw: @OrganicAuthorit I'm not going to be eating this Frankensalmon! Ugh!
Our Facebook Favs of the Week:
We love when members of our community are able to reach out and help each other, and fortunately we see a lot of that over at Organic Authority! Here are some of our favorite Facebook posts from the last week:
- Elisha Celeste I doubt it will change things very much. People who truly care about their health and what they put in their body educate themselves on what to look for and avoid. It's not that difficult! And it becomes super easy when you simply avoid the inner aisles as much as possible and shop at farmers markets and organic grocers instead of chain markets.
- Lisa D King I agree! How do we expect to offer healthy food to children if they are tainted by chemicals! What is up? Get off the Pot and support our rights to a safe Earth!
- Amanda Lininger Spectrum organic unrefined coconut oil. Like buttah! And good for your brain if you happen to ingest some. lol
- Nuno Sousa Yes this wrong but please shun the feeling of helplessness! This is a great opportunity to create a grass-roots movement not only to resist but also to spread awareness to the larger public about this evil. Spreading the message and networking with similar minded people is the only way out of this mess. Other countries are fighting these criminals at this very moment. A good moment to wake up!
- Mano Vasilakis Short answer yes. Americans consume more calcium than many areas of the world and yet we have higher bone related diseases. Better questions would be: Are we as Americans consuming something that is blocking our body's ability to absorb cal...cium?Is are over consumption of calcium causing the problem?Are we not consuming something that helps with the absorption of calcium?Is it a combination of the three?
- Laurie Driggers What the hell is going on in the country?? It seems like this is all happening at once... GMO alfalfa, salmon, beets... This is INSANE!