This decadent chocolate truffles recipe combines the flavor of rich dark chocolate with a kick of chili pepper. The toasted coconut shell cools off the palette for the perfect mixture of hot/sweet euphoria. And these blissful bites are loaded with antioxidants in the form of dark chocolate, raw honey and cacao powder, so they're a healthful and elegant treat rich enough to make your lover swoon.
These chocolate truffles are perfect for the chocolate loving Valentine in your life. Not sure how to show your love this year in a truly authentic and thoughtful way? We've got the answer.
Chocolate Truffles Recipe with Coconut and Chilis
1 cup vegan chocolate chunks
1 Tbsp raw honey
1 tsp chili powder
¼ tsp real vanilla extract
¼ cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp toasted coconut, finely chopped
1 Tbsp cacao powder
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler over low heat.
2. Add in honey, chili, vanilla extract and coconut milk.
From the Organic Authority Files
3. Refrigerate the mixture until it hardens a bit into a thick frosting, about 20 minutes.
4. Scoop into balls and set aside on parchment paper. The mixture should make around 10 balls.
5. Combine coconut and cacao powder in a small bowl.
6. Roll the truffles in the mixture. Serve within a few minutes or place them back in the refrigerator and save for Valentine’s Day. They can also be rolled in crushed almonds or whatever tasty coating you crave.
Related on Organic Authority